Terms and Conditions for room hire at Castleland Community Centre
We, Castleland Community Association, manage Castleland Community Centre (“the Centre”) and are responsible for arranging room hire with the general public. This document sets out the terms and conditions which apply to all bookings of rooms at the Centre and/or hire of the whole of the Centre.
By hiring any of the rooms at Castleland Community Centre you agree to abide by the following conditions.
“charges” means our charge to you for the use of a room/rooms or the whole of the Centre.
“room” means a room at the Centre and includes multiple rooms and or the whole of the Centre, as the context requires
Payment & Cancellation
- For single small group bookings you shall pay a non-refundable £10 deposit / retainer fee with full payment due no later than the day before the hire date.
- For large party bookings you shall pay a a non-refundable £10 deposit / retainer fee with full payment due no later than the day before the hire plus a non-returnable £5 caretaker fee and a further £20 insurance fee which is reimbursed after the event.
- The £20 insurance fee will be returned once checked that the premises are as you found them, including collecting and taking all your rubbish off the premises. You also agree to only using the room you have hired and not entering other parts of the building. The hallways and immediately outside the building are to be kept clean at all times. If this is not the case, the £20 insurance fee will NOT be reimbursed.
- If you wish to cancel your booking you must notify us within 5 clear working days before date of hire. If you do this, you will receive a full refund of any money paid to us in respect of that particular booking.
- If you need to cancel any booking we shall be entitled to re-let the room for the date and time you had made your booking to another party. In such circumstances we shall be entitled to retain any money you have already paid to us until we are able to re-let the room to another party for the date and time you had booked. If we are subsequently unable to re-let the room for the date and time you had booked, we shall be entitled to retain any money you have already paid to us in respect of this particular booking to cover our loss of the charges which we would have received had the room been hired at the full usual rate.
Use of the Centre
- You must adhere to the COVID-19 Risk Assessment and User Agreement.
- You shall be responsible for your actions and the actions of anyone you bring in to or admit to the Centre. You shall not permit or cause any unlawful activity in the Centre, if so the £20 insurance fee will not be reimbursed. You shall not permit or cause any activity in the Centre which may result in any damage to any part of the Centre or its contents or which is likely to endanger or compromise the safety of any person. You shall indemnify us against the cost of repair of any damage to any part of the Centre or its contents arising out of your use of a room and/or the Centre generally.
- If any room is found to be left excessively soiled, we reserve the right to levy the £20 insurance fee above that of the mandatory £5 caretaker fee for one off bookings.
- The above mentioned Insurance fee of £20 will be forfeit if not collected within 28 days of booking date.
- A single black bag will be provided for use on the day of your booking which must be taken with you when you leave.
- When using the car park at the Centre and parking in the surrounding streets, you shall take care not to cause obstruction to other road users and shall take reasonable steps to ensure that any person whom you bring to or admit to the Centre also takes similar care.
- You shall be responsible for obtaining any required approvals or licences (including any licence required to sell or otherwise provide alcohol) in connection with your booking. We have some limited licenses which can be used from time-to-time. You must check with us that your use of the room and/or Centre is covered by the licences we hold before undertaking any activity for which a licence may be required. For any event for which a council Premises Licence is required, you shall provide us with the details or one adult person with whom you have agreed he or she will be responsible for all health and safety arrangements for the duration of your booking. He/she shall familiarise himself/herself with the action to be taken on discovering a fire, including the location and use of fire-fighting equipment, and the location of exits and escape routes from the premises.
- You will make sure all children are supervised and accompanied by an adult when using the lift. The key is not to be removed in any circumstances.
- You acknowledge that you may leave your property in our User Group Storage Facility at your own risk and agree to hold us harmless in respect of any damage, theft or other loss of your property which you leave in the said facility. You agree to indemnify us against any such damage, theft or other loss of any property which you arrange to be placed in the said facility.
- You will NOT use cellotape or blutack on the painted walls.
- You shall be responsible for arranging appropriate insurance to cover any third party claims which may lie against you arising out of your use of a room and/or the Centre generally.
- You shall not sub-let the room/s you book and/or the Centre.
- If selling goods or services at the Centre, you shall comply with the law regulating such sales and any relevant codes of practice. In particular, you shall ensure that the price of all goods and services are prominently displayed, together with contact information for the seller.
- You shall ensure that the room/s you book and/or the Centre is fully vacated by you and your party by the time agreed with us, which shall be the time at which your booking ends. You agree to pay a proportionate charge for remaining in any room/s and/or the Centre for longer than agreed. You agree to compensate us for any losses which we suffer as a result of your failure to fully vacate the room/s in question and/or the Centre by the agreed time.
- You will provide us with reasonable notice of any need you may have to access the Centre outside of your agreed booking times.
- You will ensure that any doors into and out of the Centre and any internal doors which you use are closed behind you.
- You will ensure all of your party/group attendees have left the building before you and you have closed the door.
- You shall ensure that NO SMOKING takes place within the Centre. A designated smoking shelter is situated immediately outside the Centre and is the only place where smoking is permitted.
- Except where otherwise provided for in this document, you agree to indemnify us and keep us indemnified against any and all loss, damage or liability (whether criminal or civil) suffered including legal fees and costs incurred by us resulting from a breach of any of these terms and conditions including any act, neglect or default by you or your agents and any breaches resulting in a successful claim by any third party.