- The Sensory Garden Management Group would like to thank all their supporters during the past few years but would like to say a special thank you to:
- BIG Lottery Fund for their patience and overall funding
- BIFFAward for providing our initial funding
- Vale of Glamorgan Council for the gift of land
- Aberthaw Power Station for salary funding 2007
- Neil Moore DIC IT/Marketing Officer for his work with the design group and volunteers
- Stuart James for his wonderful Mr Belvedere!
- ENTRUST for their patience and advice
- Meadowvale Nurseries for supply of good quality plants
Jane Hutt AM, patron of the Sensory Garden Project was pleased to officially launch the first phase of Belvedere Park opening on behalf of the Sensory Garden Management Group. Special guests included Local Ward Councillor Christopher Elmore (Vale of Glamorgan Cabinet Member for Education, Schools and Lifelong learning) and Barry Town Mayor, Councillor Les Sword. The event marked the beginning of the planned schedule for public use of the garden which should be fully complete by early next year. Over 60 people attended the launch hosted and organised by Jean Jones, Sensory Garden Co-ordinator. Children and young people from the area, Avian Gardening Services and their volunteers Richard and Mike were joined by other residents, members of Ashgrove Residential Centre, Barry Arts Craft & Leisure group and representatives from a number of local organisations including: Vale Volunteer Bureau, Castleland Community Association, Barry Heart Health, Argos Stores.